Earlier this year, CAST released two papers focused on water use in agriculture and the long-term impacts agricultural productivity can have on water quality and supply (above and below ground).
Below is an infographic taking bits and pieces from the two papers to introduce a small part of the larger ag-water story. Both papers are accessible for free below.
You may use the infographic with credit to CAST.
- Reducing the Impacts of Agricultural Nutrients on Water Quality across a Changing Landscape (CAST Issue Paper #64)
- Aquifer Depletion and Potential Impacts on Long-term Irrifated Agricultural Productivity (CAST Issue Paper #63)
- Borlaug's Vision and Impact (Guest Blog from 2018 BCCA winner Dr. Marty Matlock)
- State of Food Security & Nutrition (FAO)
- 2018 World Hunger and Poverty Facts and Statistics (worldhunger.org)