Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inside Edition: May 2011

This week marks a time of change in the CAST office. On Saturday, May 7, two of the current interns, Shannon Snider and I will be graduating from Iowa State University.

Shannon Snider started with CAST in July of 2009 as an Accounting Intern. Originally from Madrid, Iowa, just twenty miles southwest of Ames, she came to Iowa State in the fall of 2006. Last May she received her undergraduate degree in Accounting and this weekend will be earning her Masters in Accounting. Shannon has accepted a position with AEGON in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and will begin work in their tax department in June.

As for myself, I joined CAST as a freshman in January of 2009. My job description has changed over the years but most recently I have coordinated CAST’s social media efforts and managed scheduling for outreach to D.C. legislative staffers. I was born and raised on a family farm in Alburnett, Iowa, which is approximately two hours straight east of Ames. This weekend I will be receiving my B.S. in Agricultural Business and International Agriculture, with a minor in Agronomy. Following graduation I will be pursing my JD in agricultural law at Drake in Des Moines, Iowa.

During a recent going away party Shannon and I were presented with a Dr. Seuss book, Oh, the Places You’ll Go. The quote below was one of our favorites:
John, Linda, Shannon, and Elizabeth
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
Will you succeed?
Yes you will indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
—Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment